Thursday, June 11, 2015

11 June 2015 Dearborn County Redevelopment Meeting Notes

11 June 2015 Dearborn County Redevelopment Meeting Notes

Present: Dave Deddens, Chairman, Jim Helms, Jim Deaton, Randy Lyness. 
ABSENT: John Rahe and Dusty Burress (non- voting school board member)

Also present: Terri Randall, county administrator and economic development director, Andrea Ewan, attorney, Sue Hayden, minute taker, Gayle Pennington, Auditor and DCRC treasurer.Oren Turner also was present.

Verification of Info discussed in Executive Session- Randy Maxwell attended executive session prior to this meeting. Approved by board as special strategy of purchase or lease of property etc as stated in the public notice.
Action of Executive Session- no action still in negotiations.

APPROVAL OF MINUTES- May 21st meeting minutes approved

UNFINISHED BUSINESS: none

CLAIMS AND FINANCIALS:
Approval of claims for ED Research grant- claims for Oren Turner approved.$56,180 left in account.
Approval of Regular claims- $1032.74- approved
Review of Financials- Each account was gone over with their totals including the TIFs. Randall said the West Aurora TIF account was growing. At some point they need to decide what to do with those district’s TIF money as infrastructure or marketing investments. Whitewater Mill was re- TIFed as a new district when they came in she said. 

NEW BUSINESS:
Updates from Oren Turner, Research tech- Randall introduced the topic with saying someone had seen that property was listed as available and chipotle was already in it. So they talk about updating sites that link to us. 
Oren Turner passed out materials that he is developing for a site selectors for Dearborn County. Randall is attending something July 16th that will be put out during the All Star game. She is getting with REDI on that and needs some marketing pieces for that. Turner said he is open to any critiquing for these pieces. He wants to upgrade the TIF map to show the TIFs in the cities too. The board threw out some ideas about current businesses here as well. Maybe also show new businesses in the past 7-10 years here too. Also trying to see what their links and web traffic is. Trying to get some professionally done video clips of businesses here perhaps. 
Randall said that they got a letter from Milacron CEO that said they had really wanted to be here- that IN would have been the best corporate environment for them. Other nice things too. Turner will bring Google analysts on their website for traffic next.
They have property search database available thru REDI Cincinnati housed through www.realtor.com . Randall pitched all the things we can get thru REDI now that we are members. Someone else is going out in July to get all the available properties on line. Randall said they will try to hook up with them to be sure we get all our available land out there for exposure. “xelegent” is a site for all this. 
Turner is working on some marketing and RFPs pieces. 
Ewan advised him to get real pics and not stock photos for the site. We have enough web photographers in the county too. 

ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OFFICER’S REPORT:

Time to prepare budget for 2016 due June 2 to Auditor. Randall thinks it will be relatively easy. She said she will probably send out the draft to them and go with that for submission. She thinks that is OK to change during the hearing. This is because they will not be meeting before July 2nd and she doesn’t have the budget ready now.

Randall wants to use Umbaugh as the auditor’s office says they get things done on time. Umbaugh is coming tonight at the Council meeting. She thinks we could talk to them then maybe. She says that there is enough work now and she wants to have someone being sure they are reporting everything right. There are reports due July 1st. That is a basic one but there are letters required by July 15 to the taxing districts in the TIFs and there are enough that she wants help. 

Randall said that she has been pressing on the sign on the Aurora Industrial park Signarama has one drawn up but didn’t get it to her in time for the meeting.

ATTORNEY’S REPORT- none

OTHER BUSINESS- Deaton said that he attended the REDI meeting and they have one person who can help us out here. She said that many people there passed out their card- and we have no business cards. Most people there were for Ohio- nice networking experience. Talked to a French company rep there and was told they could apply for them too.

Deddens suggested and board decided that they will be meeting every other month now that project platform is off the table. They will meet July, Sept, November. If there is something needed they will call a special meeting. 

ADJOURNMENT - 9:50 AM

Christine Brauer Mueller
Lawrenceburg Township



1 comment:

Blogger said...

Searching for the Best Dating Site? Join to find your perfect date.