- Replaces the current confusing fee structure with a more predictable and transparent “flat” fee for documents filed with the county recorder;
- Modernizes the bulk user statute to reflect changes in the industry while ensuring the preservation of the public record; and
- Allows for the electronic recording of public documents to increase efficiencies.
- Mortgages will be assessed a $55 flat fee. This fee includes subordinate mortgages, and re-recorded mortgages.
- Deeds and all other instruments, including re-recorded instruments will be assessed a $25 flat fee, which includes the first oversized page (defined as pages exceeding 8½” x 14”) in any document.
- Additional oversized pages contained in any document will be charged at $5 each.
- UCC fees remain the same.
- The $2.00 fee for extra mail outs on mechanics liens remains in place.
- Marion County will have an additional $10 per document charge on all recordings, which will flow into the housing trust fund established by Ordinance in that county.
- The certification of document fee remains the same at $5 each.
- I.C. 36-2-7-10(3) defines a “multiple transaction” document as a document containing two (2) or more transactions of the same type. I.C. 36-2-7-10(c)(4) states that documents shall be charged as $25 for the first page including one cross reference and additional cross references will be charged at $7.00 each.
- The recording requirements under I.C. 36-2-11-16.5 pertaining to font, paper weight, ink, and legibility must be met.
- Pursuant to I.C. 36-2-7-10(l) for cross references not otherwise required by statute or county ordinance, the person submitting the document for recording shall clearly identify on the front page of the instrument the specific cross-reference(s) to be included with the recorded document(s).
- Copy fees have slightly changed: copies 11” x 17” and smaller will be charged at $1 each and copies larger than 11” x 17” will be charged at $5 each.
- Glenn Wright, 812-537-8818, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jon C. Miller, Porter County, 219-465-3476, email@example.com
- Brook Cleaver, Howard County, 765-456-2057, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lori Draper, Wabash County, 260-563-0661, ext 1264, email@example.com
(Effective July 1, 2017)
re-recorded mortgages $55.00
Deeds and all other instruments, including re-recorded
instruments (fee includes 1 oversize page) $25.00
Additional pages exceeding 8 ½” x 14” within any
document shall be charged: $5.00 each
Each additional mail out $2.00
Uniform Commercial Code:
UCC, 2 pages or less $9.00
3 pages or more $13.00
UCC Continuation, amendment or
assignment, 2 pages or less $9.00
3 pages or more $13.00
UCC-11 Information Request, per debtor name $10.00
Each additional name $5.00
Copies 11” x 17” or smaller, per page $1.00