Tuesday, December 03, 2013

3 December 2013 Dearborn County Commissioners Meeting Notes

3 December 2013 Dearborn County Commissioners Meeting Notes

Present: Shane McHenry, President, and Kevin Lynch

ABSENT: Art Little

Also present: Gayle Pennington, Auditor, and Teresa Randall, County Administrator.

ABSENT: Andy Baudendistel, Attorney.

OLD BUSINESS: Barnes and Thornburg engagement – tabled again at McHenry’s request

EMS reimbursement- tabled again at McHenry’s request


2014 Commissioner Meeting dates- May 6 Election Day moved to the 7th and Nov 4th moved to the 5th. McHenry said that they were discussing all daytime meetings. They would have an evening meeting in the event of some issue they would want that. Lynch likes the evening meeting option for the public that works. Tabled until Art Little would be at the next meeting.

Kennels at old animal shelter- Bill Shelton was asked if the Paws could have the old plastic kennels in bad shape from dog chewing. He is willing to deliver to Paws if they want. McHenry said that they should keep it clean and give them to Animal Control and they can share them with Paws. Marlene Livingston will be contacted.

Bill Shelton- Building Inspector was also asked about unsafe building control ordinance. He passed out some examples. Some are foreclosed homes with out of state banks. Aurora has a fund for this purpose. They will research the ordinances in various areas. They will also look at rural areas vs. town areas too. They will try to be more consistent with our cities and towns too. He will research with Baudendistel

HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT: Todd Listerman, Highway Engineer

Change order Bridge #41- did cores and rock excavation changed so it required increased work and materials. $12,873.59 increase approved by commissioners.

Tim Grieve, Highway Superintendent 2014 Aggregate, asphalt, and fuel bids- Laughery Valley Coop only fuel bid. Grieve said they always

Acceptance of accept all bids so they can pick whatever is closest to avoid travel costs etc.

Gasoline: 2.834

No 1 fuel oil 3.607

No 2 diesel- 3.241

No 2 road diesel 3.398

Hot Mix asphalt- price per ton:

                                    Rohe Kilby Rd       Rohe Indiana      OMara

HMA Base type A-       47.50                  42.50                    48.00

HMA Intermediate A  49.50                  44.50                     50.00

HMA surface A             53.50                  48.50                     51.50

COLD MIX Delivered     NONE                110.00                   100.00

Aggregate bids were accepted from Harrison Sand and Gravel, Newpoint Stone, and Hanson. 

ADMINISTRATOR: Teresa Randall- no jail project update with Maxwell as she was off last week. The precast concrete is going up. The courthouse RFP went out for the architect for Jan 9-10 to start prescreening those architects.

Wade Kimmon is here and the auditor as well- they have looked at the EMS groups looking at NE county and W county groups. They really came to the table and they needed to see where all the runs are coming from. They will decide what to do with the Harrison EMS agreement. They do not want to enter into a multi year contract- just a one year one and they will discuss that number. She wants to put a small team together with 911 etc to extract data to get where runs have been going.

AUDITOR: Gayle Pennington- approved Nov 19 minutes and claims. Can’t set claims dates until Commissioners set meeting dates. They also got their budget approved this year and there were NO highway cuts.

ATTORNEY: Andy Baudendistel- ABSENT- due to training

COMMISSIONER COMMENTS- McHenry said to Keep Little in our thoughts and prayers as he is experiencing some health issues. Hope to see him at next meeting.

Lynch brought up fire dept access for Ohio on our radio channels. Hamilton Co does let us have access to theirs. He asked Bill Black and Chief Johnny Tremain in L-bg to research this to approach the state about getting this communication issue fixed. Black said the state does not want to give IDs out of the state and each radio needs an ID. They could go to a different channel in every radio NIPSPAC can be used. Black says that just means they have to carry another radio. Lynch has talked to Randy Frye about this too. McHenry said this seems like government getting in the way.



Meeting adjourned at 9:43 AM

Christine Brauer Mueller

Lawrenceburg Township

No comments: