Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Ralph Thompson for Commissioner

Thompson for Commissioner

To my friends and fellow Citizens of Dearborn County:

Dearborn County needed a choice. I feel that the current representation from District 3 for the County is woefully lacking in fairness to all the Citizens of the County and is not in the best interest of the County. Therefore, I am running for District 3 Commissioner in the Republican primary.

I am not a politician! I am an Engineer. All my business interests are outside Dearborn County, so I have no business conflicts within the County. I am used to operating in a professional and ethical manner and think our County should also be run that way. I own a small horse farm in Washington Township in Dearborn County.

I love what we have in Dearborn County and don't want to see it turned into another Hamilton County. The rural atmosphere and variety of living styles are our treasure.

I think the County needs an unbiased representative for all the Citizens. We need someone who will take a reasoned approach to development, sewer expansion, infrastructure issues and all the new "taxes" in the form of fees for this, that, and the other. We need someone who will listen to the Citizens and be open with the Citizens. I am an advocate of Smart Growth and sustainable development. I advocate pacing development to fit the infrastructure and capacity of the County to absorb it and placing that development in areas that are appropriate. I have faithfully served on the land use Planning Advisory Committee with Planning Commission. I also have knowledge from an engineering standpoint of the issues involved. I will continue to contribute a positive input for the County as a whole.

US 50 is still a problem and all the various governmental groups just cannot seem to get together. The officials can't seem to coordinate their efforts to get a workable solution to benefit the cities and the County. We need an advocate for cooperation and real progress.

Government should be open and above board. Are you tired of not being permitted to express an opinion in a public meeting? Are you tired of a government that acts without public knowledge or representation?Are you tired of a ‘secret’ ruling body?
Your opinion and input should and do matter. Sewers should not be forced upon Citizens without their input and without representation. Government without consent violates the Principles of our Founding Fathers. We do not need a small ‘elite’ group deciding what is best for the County.

If you feel as I do, that the County needs new leadership, I ask for your support in this endeavor. I need workers, contributions, and Citizens who just want a change and are willing to vote in the Republican primary in May to bring about that change. There are no easy answers and there many things that need to be fixed, but we have to start somewhere.

We live in a great County. Let’s work to make it better. Now is the time to act to bring some reason back to our government. You don’t have to settle for the status quo. Take action for change.

Contributions can be sent to the "Thompson for Commissioner Committee" at P.O. Box 3572, Lawrenceburg, IN 47025.

Every elected official is the employee of all of the Citizens of the County. Any official who is not serving the entire County to best benefit of the whole County has forgotten who is their employer and is using the office poorly and cheating the Citizens.

If you have questions, please send them to my e-mail address. Please e-mail this to your friends.

Ralph E. Thompson, Jr., PE
rethompson@earthlink.net

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke
Even the longest journey begins with a single step. ~ Chinese Proverb

No comments: