Wednesday, September 24, 2008

TOM ORSCHELL'S LETTER TO THE CITIZENS OF DEARBORN COUNTY

To the Citizens of Dearborn county:

As the election date gets closer, I want to disclose some personal information about my past. I do not believe this has an impact on my ability to represent the citizens of Dearborn County, but I want to be honest.

In 1993 and 1995 I was convicted of Class A misdemeanors.

In 1993, I plead guilty to having a gambling machine in my café, I served 15 days in-home detention. I placed the machine in storage and out of operation.

In 1995, I plead guilty to possessing a gambling machine. I paid my fines and court costs and served 30 days in jail.

Because, I did not contest the charges, the county did not incur prosecution costs. I served my time, paid my fines and moved on. I recognized my mistakes and learned from them.

I chose to voluntarily disclose the very personal information in the hope you may forgive my past. I want us to move forward toward a better and brighter future for Dearborn County. My family, my friends, and I have all worked so hard to ensure our community will have a good candidate on the ballot in November. I hope to earn your respect and support in the fall.

Sincerely,
Tom Orschell
County Commissioner Candidate
District 2

No comments: