Wednesday, May 27, 2015

26 May 2015 Dearborn County Commissioners Meeting Notes

26 May 2015 Dearborn County Commissioners Meeting Notes

Present: Shane McHenry, President, Art Little, and Kevin Lynch
Also present: Gayle Pennington, Auditor, Teresa Randall, County Administrator, and Andy Baudendistel, Attorney.   

Future road name changes in Hardintown discussion - Nicole Daily- Planning and Zoning- There are issues with duplicate names with other streets in the county and cities. 
They want to use some names that are not business names in case the business leaves at some point. They had several name changes suggested. Barry Nanz came in to drop off
some plats showing part of an alley that was vacated etc. Greendale has also been notified
as they own a bit of this area. They are OK with it as proposed. Commissioners changed the road names as proposed. Walnut would be Production Way and Main Street will be Riordan Drive and the others will be as proposed with old family names or Oxbow bird names.  Passed.


Highway Engineer- Todd Listerman:

Signatures on title sheets for bridges #38 and #61- approved.

Signatures for Addendum to Box Beam Contract- Bridge 61 is now not a box beam bridge so they changed the contract for this for Strand and Associates to add $7,000 more t o it.

Award of Line Striping contract- for vehicles over 3,000 per day was awarded to Indiana Sign and Barricade for $72,203.40. A and A safety and Ogleby Construction were the other higher bidders. 
911 Dispatch Interlocal agreement with Dillsboro- signed on April 13th by Dillsboro.  Tabled until the next meeting for Baudendistel to get the resolution prepared in order to sign it. 

ADMINISTRATOR – Terri Randall- asked by Grant Hughes to give update on grants from Lawrenceburg. 118513.25 was one with a remainder that will be returned to Lawrenceburg.

AUDITOR – Gayle Pennington- covered by Connie Fromhold for this part of meeting - Claims approved and April Minutes approved. 

ATTORNEY: Andy Baudendistel: Increase of $3000 requested by Aurora for the County Extension Office lease. He will check with Council for this. We are one of two counties that do NOT have this office in the county seat. 

Lynch was thankful for all attendance at the Memorial Day events.
Todd Listerman is 2nd vice president for OKI.
Little- thanked all veterans and families. Without them we might not be here today. Lynch said we might be Japanese or German. He reminded us that the old folks might remember it as Decoration Day.
McHenry- looking for people to meet for a committee to look at the littering problem. G He suggested Celeste Calvitto and Listerman and getting Community Corrections involved. He is looking at getting that together and getting Molly at Solid Waste involved. They want to arrange awareness in the county and also to get recycling coordinated with the collection. 



Meeting adjourned at 5:35 PM

Christine Brauer Mueller
Lawrenceburg Township

No comments: