Wednesday, May 27, 2015

RANDY LYNESS, COUNCIL PRESIDENT, CONFLICT OF INTEREST DISCLOSURE

RANDY LYNESS CONFLICT OF INTEREST DISCLOSURE

Disclosure Pursuant to Indiana Code 36-1-21-5(b)(1)

Describe the contract or purchase to be made by the unit:

The Dearborn County Board of Commissioners entered into a contract with Maxwell Construction to be the Construction Manager on a proposed Courthouse Expansion Project. Prior to the selection of Maxwell Construction Manager, the Dearborn Cunty Council, of which I am a member, approved funding for the hiring of a Construction Manager.

Describe the relationship that the elected official has to the individual or business entity that contracts or purchases:

Upon recent inquiry it has come to my attention that my son, Jeff Lyness, is a shareholder in Maxwell Construction, however, at the time the contract between the Dearborn County Commissioners and Maxwell Construction was signed, I had no knowledge of the fact that my son was a shareholder. Since that information has now become known to me I am filing this disclosure pursuant to State statute. 

I AFFIRM UNDER PENALTIES FOR PERJURY, THAT THE FOREGOING REPRESENTATIONS ARE TRUE AND CORRECT TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE.

Randy Lyness, President
Dearborn County Council

STATE OF INDIANA, COUNTY OF DEARBRN, ss:

Before me, the undersigned, a Notary Public in and for said County and State this the 26th day of May, A.D., 2015 personally appeared the within named Randy Lyness, President of Dearborn County Council, in the above Disclosure and acknowld=edged the execution of the same to be his voluntary act and deed for the use and purpose herein mentioned. 

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereto subscribed my name and affixed my official seal. 

Sue Ann Hayden
Notary Public State of Indiana
Dearborn County
Commission # 654753
My Commission Expires
June 19, 2022



No comments: