Saturday, April 29, 2006

Obviously No Fan of Ms. Benning

...but the job history I hadn't known before...


I've been trying to find a reason to vote for Vera Benning.


First I looked for qualifications to be a County Commissioner.

Let's see - does being a receptionist at H&R Block make the list?
I don't think so.

How about selling garden furniture at Consolidated Grain & Barge?
Not that.

How about managing an apartment complex for retired folks?
We may all get there someday but that doesn't really do it for me either.

Well maybe being in real estate sales is the ticket. We all want someone who will allow more subdivisions! Don't we???

Maybe being a stalwart in the Republican Party should be a qualification.
Knowing how to be a politician and telling people what you think they want to hear might work for some people - but sorry - not for me.


Perhaps I should forget about job history and look for character.

In the not too distant past a committee was formed, at the request of the then commissioners, to do a study and make recommendations on what could be done to make the best use of the County Farm. Vera attended a number of those meetings and promised to support whatever the committee recommended. (Did I mention that she was running for County Commissioner then too?)

Well, she was elected and immediately reneged on that promise.

So much for character!


You know what??

I can't find one single reason to vote for her so I'm just going to stop trying.



Anne Observer

No comments: